Monday, February 15, 2010

Low Carb Pita Crisps

1 Joseph's Oat Bran and Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Brush pita halves with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about five minutes. WATCH THESE CLOSELY while cooking- because they are thinner than regular pita breads they cook faster. Tonight one half was done in five minutes while the other half took another minute and a half. So just watch them carefully so they don't burn!

Serves 1

Calories: 185
Carbs: 9
Sugars: 0.35
Dietary Fiber: 4.15
Net Carbs: 4.85

Served with Cedar's Oringinal Hommus:

Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Calories: 60
Carbs: 5 grams
Sugars: 1 gram
Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
Net Carbs: 4 grams

You can also use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray in place of the olive oil to reduce the calories. Keep in mind that a tablespoon of this is 60 calories.

Total counts for pita bread crisps with Hommus:

Calories: 245
Carbs: 14
Sugars: 1.35
Dietary Fiber: 5.15
Net Carbs: 8.85

2 comments:

Jasmine's Journey said...

Hey hun!

Glad you stopped by! I need to remember my pass word to log back in to wordpress but I seen that in my email.

Good to see ya! keep your chin up. I need to get back to that forum. I have been slacking so bad!!!!

I have been busy lately selling toys and clothes on ebay and am having fun.

I hope you get better!

Jasmine

Unknown said...

Hello Audrey,

Looks like you kind of fell off the blog wagon too huh?

Miss ya!

Sarah